Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chicken Liver Mousse










Ozdobíme tymiánem a hostina může začít.



I love liver. I may be the only one from all the people I know but that doesn't change anything for me. I love it. And since my husband is traveling and kids are in bed chicken liver is what I am cooking.....

Chicken Liver Mousse
as seen in Martha Stewart's Dinner at Home

Ingredients:

500g chicken liver
1 chopped onion
2 tablespoons of oil (I used sunflower)
salt and pepper
1/2 stick of butter
fresh thyme
1 spoon of dry sherry

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Season liver with salt and pepper and cook until brown. Make sure they are still pink on the inside. It takes a couple of minutes.
Transfer liver to a bowl and let cool down.
Add your onion and thyme to the pan and fry until golden. Transfer to the bowl with liver and discard thyme. Add butter and sherry.
Blend in the food processor (hand mixer) until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.

Yeaaaaaaaah.....you are ready to take out crackers and have yourself a liver feast. If you are like me, you will absolutely love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails